Family Engagement is a shared effort of families, schools, and community leaders to advance programs, practices, and policies that empower every parent/legal guardian to make their child’s potential a reality.
Ways we can assess family engagement include:
- The quantity and quality of efforts by school districts to seek input from all parent groups in decision-making
- The quality of family engagement programs, policies, and family resources created to better connect families with schools
- The percentage of schools demonstrating inclusive outreach to all families, in home languages, and easy two-way communication between home and school
- The quantity and quality of parent education activities to support student learning and success in school and beyond
- The percentage of parents who know how well their children are doing in class and how their school plans to improve student outcomes
- How safe and connected parents feel with school –particularly during this pandemic
Seeking Transformative Family Engagement
- NEW! IUSD Virtual Parent Center
- IUSD Family Engagement
- Staying Relevant During this Pandemic 4th District PTA Flyer
- NEW! IUSD Continuous Improvement Efforts 2020-21
- California School Dashboard
- IUSD Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- PTA National Standards for Family-School Partnerships
- California State PTA’s School Smarts Parent Engagement Program
- California Department of Education Parent Portal
- WestEd Family Engagement Framework
- EdSource’s The Power of Parents
- The California Endowment Parent Page.
Topics of Interest – Gain Confidence Learning More
Continuity Plan Video Presentation Link
What’s Happening this Year?
- HOUR of CODE Contest – Has now expired. No completions were submitted, but please still consider reading thru the Ed100.org materials. As a special thank you to any IUSD PTA Member, the Coder School of Irvine is offering a private FREE HOUR of coding for students in grades 2-8th for a limited time. Please use this special registration link: https://irvine-hoc.youcanbook.me/
- The SPOTLIGHT Monthly Newsletter – Each month look for tips on engaging your families and reading about success stories and happenings at a featured school. View Archives and/or Subscribe here.
- Our Current Book List
>Beyond the Bake Sale – Henderson, Mapp, Johnson, and Davies
>How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi