The 2021-2022 Reflections Theme: “I Will Change The Wold By…”
Follow Reflections here:
2021 Reflections Timeline:
- All Units must complete and submit the UNIT PARTICIPATION FORM.
- You may advance one entry per category per age division. A link will be emailed to all chairpersons for submitting entries to IUCPTA for judging.
- Complete the spreadsheet/Google sheet created by the Google form, and email it to Yvonne Mansouri (ReflectionsATiucpta.org) by 9 pm PST, November 8th, 2021. Enter information only on those entries that are advancing. Please proofread your form carefully as this will be forwarded to Fourth District and used to create labels, art cards, event programs, and engraving on the awards.
- This year we are 100% digital in our Council Reflections. The Unit PTA Presidents and Reflection Chairs has the necessary Google Forms that they can share with their schools.
- UNIT REFLECTIONS CHAIRS:
- Please find a copy of the email sent out to all presidents and reflections chairs to launch the Reflections Program. You will find all the instructions CLICK HERE
***** Entry requirements check: Official rules *****
Please remember that:
- Students may submit entries only through a PTA or PTSA in good standing
- All entries submitted must be original works and must relate to the annual Reflections Program theme
- Each entry must be the work of only one student. Assistance from teachers, parents, or friends is not permitted except in special cases (such as for those with visual or physical disabilities)
- Participation encourages creativity and exploration. Students should do their best, but crooked lines, incorrect musical notes, or misspelled words do not disqualify anyone.
All students attending PTA schools sponsoring the program are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
- Film production
- Music composition
- Visual arts
Grade Divisions — Students may enter in the appropriate division for their grade:
- Primary: Preschool-Grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3-5
- Middle School: Grades 6-8
- High School: Grades 9-12
- Special Artist: All grades welcome (see below for more information)
In the past few years a new division of the Reflections program was introduced – the Special Artist Division. This is a non-graded division limited to students whose physical, cognitive or mental health challenges meet the guidelines in the American Disabilities Act.
Qualifying students create their own artwork. But, they may receive non-artistic accommodation and assistance from an adult.
Students who qualify for the Special Artist Division may choose to enter in the traditional four grade divisions.
If this is the case, students will follow all general and arts category rules but may submit an entry in the grade division most closely aligned to their cognitive or functional abilities. The student is then recognized and awarded as part of the general student population without regard to special needs or challenges.
STUDENT ENTRY FORMS:
Contact your school PTA Reflection Chair or PTA President for the Google Form and keep an eye out for your school newsletter for the links.
More Opportunities to Participate
Students’ Reflections Theme Search
The Reflections Program annual theme search offers another great way for students to get involved in the Reflections Program. Encourage your student to brainstorm and imagine a theme that will appeal to others in preschool through grade 12. For submitting the award-winning theme, the student receives $100 and recognition at the National PTA convention in June. To submit a student’s suggestions for a Reflections Program theme, complete the entry form and send it to California State PTA by November 1.
For the Student Theme Search Entry Form and to learn more, click here.
If you have further questions, contact ReflectionsATiucpta.org.