ReflectionsNational PTA Art Program
View the 2023 IUCPTA Reflections Art Gallery, here.
2023-24 Council Deadline
October 27th, 2023, 11:59pm
2023-24 Online Entry Form for Unit Chairs Only
● Can Choose Online or Paper
● If Choosing Paper Form, Upload Advancing Entries Only
● Online Form Still Needs Original Artwork to be Turned In For Visual Art and
Photography (Literature Optional at site level)
Online Entry Form for Unit Reflections Chair Use Only, Read below first before clicking, here
(if you are a parent or student, please contact your PTA Reflections chair for your school form. If you don’t have a chair, contact your Programs VP or President before contacting the IUCPTA reflections chair. Form asks for school size, Title 1, and demographics which can be found in the IUSD School Accountability Report Card.)
● Replace “Template” with your Unit Name
● Remember to “Restore” the missing file folders. This will allow you to collect the art entries for every category.
● Understanding the Reflections Virtual Form & Judging YouTube Video
● Virtual Judging Steps (optional)
Please remember that:
- Students may submit entries only through a PTA or PTSA in good standing
- All entries submitted must be original works and must relate to the annual Reflections Program theme
- Each entry must be the work of only one student. Assistance from teachers, parents, or friends is not permitted except in special cases (such as for those with visual or physical disabilities)
- Participation encourages creativity and exploration. Students should do their best, but crooked lines, incorrect musical notes, or misspelled words do not disqualify anyone.
All students attending PTA schools sponsoring the program are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
- Film production
- Music composition
- Visual arts
Grade Divisions — Students may enter in the appropriate division for their grade:
- Primary: Preschool-Grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3-5
- Middle School: Grades 6-8
- High School: Grades 9-12
- Special Artist: All grades welcome (see below for more information)
In the past few years a new division of the Reflections program was introduced – the Special Artist Division. This is a non-graded division limited to students whose physical, cognitive or mental health challenges meet the guidelines in the American Disabilities Act.
Qualifying students create their own artwork. But, they may receive non-artistic accommodation and assistance from an adult.
Students who qualify for the Special Artist Division may choose to enter in the traditional four grade divisions.
If this is the case, students will follow all general and arts category rules but may submit an entry in the grade division most closely aligned to their cognitive or functional abilities. The student is then recognized and awarded as part of the general student population without regard to special needs or challenges.
STUDENT ENTRY FORMS:
Contact your school PTA Reflection Chair or PTA President for the Google Form and keep an eye out for your school newsletter for the links.
Virtual Judging Folder of Resources: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13J9SmvIqcGj6wPlD9QFBiX4j64Ut35Zt?usp=drive_link
Virtual Judging Training Recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AMd-FGNvDL_hj0goMR1m_6NSMwEECFd4/view?usp=drive_link
Virtual Judging Training Q&A Recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q8h_ISCYOk-IueLcLBU6XWyueH0uEvhr/view?usp=drive_link
Virtual Judging Step by Steps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n5OlaKMnAgmIRdmWDPQqNoNglTJAcytk/view?usp=drive_link
Get Your Program Started!
- Link to the video recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1umOBtyWsmb6kYr6SujZ9FMIdktvLsvPY/view?usp=drive_link
- Link to the slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1sIkrvqYrwS6uDKWVSq5t93TQn0ZRElPR/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108148529636304319955&rtpof=true&sd=true
- Link to the Q&A Google Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hM8BYI64rFyJx9Pp_wG7Fzt4LmVV0jzw/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108148529636304319955&rtpof=true&sd=true
More Opportunities to Participate
Students’ Reflections Theme Search
The Reflections Program annual theme search offers another great way for students to get involved in the Reflections Program. Encourage your student to brainstorm and imagine a theme that will appeal to others in preschool through grade 12. For submitting the award-winning theme, the student receives $100 and recognition at the National PTA convention in June. To submit a student’s suggestions for a Reflections Program theme, complete the entry form and send it to California State PTA by November 1.
For the Student Theme Search Entry Form and to learn more, click here.
If you have further questions, contact .